It seems I am unable to come up with any U word that has relevance to my Grand Canyon adventure, other than unable. I was complaining about this to my brother and sister in law tonight while we were walking around the wetlands, enjoying 60 degree weather and the sights and sounds of spring. They felt obligated to help me out with these suggestions:
- Underwear (not sure I need to write about that…)
- Ugly (that would be why I’m not writing about my underwear)
- Underwire (not even in my underwear vocabulary)
- Under (appropriately broad topic…)
- Useful (but I think I’ve covered all the useful gear already, or plan to)
Since I only have a few hours of April 24th left, I’m just going to combine all the above in a very short post.
Yes, I’m taking UNDERWEAR, serviceable, comfortable but possible UGLY underwear, which rules out anything UNDERWIRE. In my single person tent, UNDER my sleeping bag, I will have a USEFUL sleeping pad. I’ve never had a good night’s sleep on it but it insulates and is better than nothing. I also went to the thrift shop today and found a light weight, long handle spoon which will be very USEFUL.
And the last things I will say about this adventure is that it is a bit UNUSUAL but not UNPLANNED. Here is a picture of some of my USEFUL gear.