Mom, I am so blessed to have you as my parent. Thank you so much for:
- my family unit of which you are the hub, the one around which we gather
- your style, the objects you surround yourself with and hold dear, even though they sometimes come from garage sales
- your availability, our early morning talks
- your love of coffee and willingness to share it with everyone
- well, hey, your love of food in general, and the way you make it a part of every good gathering of people (cinnamon roll queen…)
- your total lack of complaining. I don’t know how you do it.
- for not giving up on people or things too easily.
- for helping Dad when he needs it.
- for continuing to be curious about relationships, about technology, about faith
- for making me feel special by sharing things with me that you probably don’t tell anyone else
- for taking responsibility for your own feelings and not putting guilt trips on other people
- for taking independent action when it’s needed, for being brave and willing to offend the right people at the right time
- for loving books and being a reader
- for your devotion to solitaire challenges and keeping your mind sharp
- for faithfully reading my blog and liking my posts. I write for you most of the time.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. I will always love you.
2 thoughts on “For Gwendolyn with no middle name… on Mother’s Day”
Aww…such a sweet post. Happy Mother’s Day!
AND EVERYONE LOVES THE WONDERFUL GRANDMA GWEN